The Top 20 Topics To Write A Persuasive Essay On
It's most important in choosing to write a persuasive essay that you understand the difference between argument and persuasion. This is not meant to be a violent use of your literary skills. In writing a persuasive essay you set out to persuade the reader of your point of view. How do you do that?
There are a number of steps you can take to greatly improve your chances of writing a brilliant persuasive essay. The choice of topic is obviously paramount. If you choose a topic in which you believe passionately you will find it much easier to develop a case and to prosecute that case in a clear and winning way.
The choice of topic is the key to your success. If it means brainstorming the suggestions that are included below then do so. Look for something which catches your eye. Choose something which you are passionate about and follow the advice above. Here are 20 popular topics to choose from when writing your next persuasive essay.
- Teenagers should study how to be a parent when in high school.
- People who mistreat animals should be sent to jail.
- Students who do exceptionally well with their exams should receive financial reward.
- There is no such thing as free speech as there will always be restrictions.
- Local government should decree a casual dress day at least once a month.
- It should be illegal to not recycle recyclable material.
- Nobody should be allowed to purchase a gun until they have passed a series of stringent tests.
- Every student should have a gap year and spend it studying overseas.
- Once a person obtains a driver’s license they should be tested every year for the first five years.
- Spam email should be against the law.
- Every student should study the subject of good manners.
- Anyone who abuses somebody with a racial slur should be charged with a criminal offence.
- Any teenager wanting to become a babysitter should pass an appropriate exam.
- The Internet should be free for everyone.
- There should be at least 50% of top government jobs occupied by females.
- Homework is a waste of time.
- People who allow their hair to grow very long should be required to wear a hair net.
- If the weather bureau makes a mistake in its forecast, their employees should be docked their pay.
- Students should be allowed to choose whatever subjects they want to study.
- Nobody should be allowed to be wealthier than a millionaire.